Best day to place an order for liquid yeast from northern brewer

Now that summer is over, time to order liquid yeast. What is the best day to place an order at northern brewer. I placed an order on a Thursday, they packed it up and it sat in the warehouse till Monday (they had a must ship by Monday date) and arrived Tuesday. Does anyone know their work process so that I can pick the best day to order? Also if there is a best day or days to order, why does northern brewer not limit shipments to those days?

Give them a call

If it’s not a dry yeast I don’t bother ordering yeast from any online vendor that doesn’t specifically sell yeast. The Yeast Bay and White Labs do a good job of getting you their yeasts in a timely fashion. Mostly I just get my liquid yeast from my LHBS.

1 Like

Ask them for over night shipping. My brewing partner. Gets my liqued yeast. The evening before he takes the plain to bonaire. So till so far no issues. Its nice and cold still when it arives. To my house. I get mainley kveik yeast now. This seems. More able to handle the stress not being in a fridge for a while. As long its cold with ice packs. (I do think. And hope)

1 Like