Bells Brewery

They did their own research on Facebook :rofl:
Actually heard someone say that :grimacing:

1 Like

Should we re-name it?.. False-book? Fake-book? :smirk:
Sneezles61

They already have a new name Meta which is short for metaverse which is short for alternate reality.:thinking: Calling what it is I guess

Back to the subject i intend to hit the store again today and grab a collection maybe get another can

1 Like

Kirin is technically the owner of the subsidiary that owns the subsidiary that owns New Belgium that now owns Bells. So xenophobia aside it is now a Japanese owned brewery subsidiary

Yupā€¦ā€¦.very opaque lineage to most consumers.
Personally Iā€™ll continue to buy independent and/or local, whenever possible. But thatā€™s me.
Now about my Bellā€™s hat and running shirtā€¦.

1 Like

Picture Voodoo?
Sneezles61

The only Brewery hat I ownā€¦.as @loopie_beer said, disappointed at the turn of events but I also understandā€¦.likely setting his family up in good shape for generations financiallyā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

The average consumer probably has no idea or cares who owns a brewery. Years ago my dad asked his friend who was a decorated WW2 fighter pilot why he bought a Toyota. His answer was ā€œbecause it was cheapā€ This is how much loyalty people have and that was a long time ago.

EDIT: I donā€™t mean to sidetrack this post. I will still buy Two hearted ale.

1 Like

Iā€™ll following suit HDMark. Albeit to a lesser amount (not because of ownershipā€¦ health). The employees are getting their shareā€¦ and the taxes are still hereā€¦
Sneezles61

Sorry to dredge up an older thread but i lived im Kalamazoo/Comstock/Galeburg area for 20 years and remember when Bells first started.
My favorite Bells was the double cream stout.
Oh well, so much for that.

My personal favorite is Bellā€™s Hopslam, Great imperial IPA ; super potent and can sneak up on the uninitiated,( like my friend Phil after a half marathon: he turned pale green and the room started spinning after pounding several pints from one of those Big Gallon can/kegs of Hopslam.)

Iā€™ll probably still buy it in the Spring this year!

2 Likes