Beer gas in north Dallas area?

Anyone who live in north Dallas on the board using a stout faucet setup? If so, where do you get your beer gas? Haven’t bought equipment yet, was thinking of using a 5lb CO2 tank and regulator. I found a place in Mesquite but its a week turnaround as they send it out somewhere to be filled. Trying to find a place that actually refills or does exchanges

Sorry if this is a repeat. I tried to look up “Beer gas Dallas” etc. and got no results.

My only idea would be to talk with someone at a bar that has a Nitrogen tap and see who their supplier is.

A friend gets his filled at a fire extinguisher shop.

[quote=“geepmaley”]Anyone who live in north Dallas on the board using a stout faucet setup? If so, where do you get your beer gas? Haven’t bought equipment yet, was thinking of using a 5lb CO2 tank and regulator. I found a place in Mesquite but its a week turnaround as they send it out somewhere to be filled. Trying to find a place that actually refills or does exchanges

Sorry if this is a repeat. I tried to look up “Beer gas Dallas” etc. and got no results.[/quote]
Do you want Nitro or just CO2? I exchange CO2 tanks at Home Depot. The businesses that send them off go to Sherman to get refilled. You might call up Homebrew Headquarters or The Winemakers Toy Store and ask one of those guys for other alternatives. I think there was one place in Frisco that refills them but it’s more expensive than the exchange and they don’t have a regulator that tells how much they put in the tank.

Thanks I am looking for beer gas (nitro/CO2 blend). I have a place for CO2 in Dallas. Like $10 for a fill (no regulator either but the fill looks good so far). I called Kelly at HBHQ and he said Airgas. I was looking for people with practical experience (i.e those that have stout setups already in use)

I just moved to Fort Worth from DC and am having a hard time too. Back on the east coast a few companies would swap out my 5lb CO2 tank for the same size Beer Gas tank, but not here.

I hear Airgas will swap out 10lb CO2 tanks for the same size Beer Gas tank, but that size doesn’t fit inside my system.

Good Luck!!

any updates on this topic?

Well I can’t help you however if you attend the Bluebonnet this weekend you might ask around. Every homebrewer and beer geek from around here will be in attendance. My understanding is that nitro taps were invented to simulate beer engine dispense. It ain’t cheap but I notice that the host of these forums is now selling them and all the related hardware, I would just love to have one of those set-ups. If I run into any additional information this coming weekend I’ll update this post.

I know this post is really old, but I recently started looking for a source of beer gas too. I thought I’d share, since others might come across this thread later. Parkit Market in Dallas sells and swaps out beer gas cylinders, but they were out when I went, so I suggest you call them before you head there. I ended up buying a new 20 CF nitrogen cylinder online (about the size of a 5 lb CO2 tank) and was able to get it filled with beer gas at Red Ball Oxygen in Grand Prairie. It only cost me $8.19 plus tax (for the gas only), but I had to leave the cylinder with them for a couple of days. I wasn’t able to find anyone further north in the area who would sell or fill cylinders with the 25% CO2 / 75% N2 beer gas mix.