Beer Filter

It was a very stupid thing to do back then… Just had too, double dog dare you! Sneezles61

Sadly enough I am of the age that I remember taking Zima from the extra fridge as a kid and refilling it with water after I drank it…

I never heard of the stuff. I guess I’m showing my age. I’ll bet you guys never had Rupert’s or piels .

What is that then…? Sneezles61

Piels at 99¢ a six pack was a staple in my grandpa pies house. I think they invented the pull top chugger bottle. The brew wars of the old new York breweries. Alot of cheap beer as the tried to fight off Pabst and strohs. They all eventually closed. Piels had some good commercials

Piels Real Draft Beer 'Football' Commercial (1972) - YouTube. Why I never made it to the bigs

Love that theme song

I have no doubt you are 100% correct. My problem is that up til now I have been able to use the line of reasoning that my investments in extract brewing and eventually all-grain brewing would actually save money in the long run because I could make good beer for less money. That line of reasoning doesn’t hold up for kegging since kegging is all about convenience.

And yes, I also remember Zima. It brings back bad memories because a prep solution for a medical procedure tasted just like Zima. :confounded:

Time is money. Even kegging is cheaper than buying beer , unless your talking about crappy beer. Descent beer comparable to home brew is going to cost a minimum of $50 a case. 5 galls gives you 2 cases. If your doing all grain that’s going to cost you at the most $20. That’s $10 a case.

I did the equation years ago with New Castle brown ale. I could fill 28 bottles with my copy of that for 15 bucks! I paid 84 bucks just to get those bottles!!! Sneezles61