Beer Can Collection

So I’ve been saving a lot of my commercial beer cans lately and I’m at the point where I need to do something with them. I’m probably at 4 cases and counting right now. Looking for any cooler ideas than the shelf that they sit on right now!

I would make full scale Samurai armor

Open a brewery like the guy who started harpoon he has a huge display of his collection in the tour tasting room. Quite extensive

Mine are in a plastic tub with a lid… in the shed… Nothing to dread… From what I read… Fred!! :joy: Oh boy… Sneezles61

There is all sorts of things you could do with them. If you like diy projects and have alittle creativity. Like the beer can chandelier

4 Likes

Now that’s niffty

My friend has a ‘man garage’ and has over 300 variants of beers on 30+ shelves. Mind you, 90% of the collection is not craft

There is tons of great label art out there but there is something about the classics some of which are hard to get

I have a Schlitz bottle with a big dent in it… Did I mention a 6-er of Billy beer? And how about Jr Ewing? I had a bottle from Fitgers that was buried about 1900… I can’t seem to find it!!! And another from the Baltimore Brewing company… Sneezles61

I had five unopened cans of Billy beer. After tasting the first one (yes I’m that old) there was no point in opening another. Fast forward many years and I thought I would get rich selling them on Ebay. Found out they were going for about $2 each. Not worth the effort so I tossed them. I see they are going for more now but I didn’t have to drag them around for all those years.

1 Like

Ah the good old days when the president’s brother trying to make a couple bucks rebranding a beer was scandalous. Boy have things changed

Billy was kind of a joke and embarrassment. Let’s not get into todays politics.

You know your tossing that one up but I agree. Jimmy was great for beer brewers though

I have a complete 6-er… Its on display… More of a conversation piece than anything else… Whats it called… A blast from the past! Sneezles61

I have an unopened bottle off 3 stooges ale. Moe Larry and curly on the label. What’s it worth?

Just looked on eBay from $80-$1200 on eBay for an unopened six. Must be good stuff

All hype… Do you remember when there were the knitted beer can hats around? When I was a young lad, my Grand parents deemed I have one… It was an Oly hat!! Now a days I think the kid would be taken away and the parents committed to a psych ward! Sneezles61

1 Like

I never saw those. Actually pretty cool idea. Must still be popular came right up on a Google search

I’ll need to look! Sneezles61

So who admits to Googling knitted beer can hats? I did. Don’t really remember them but do remember the helmets with two can holders and tubing to drink them.

1 Like