Beer and food

Another post got me wondering what people’s favorite food/beer pairings are. So for fun I started this post. I’ll drink a beer with just about anything but some of my favorites other than a burger and beer. Are Sam summer and seafood or an IPA and buffalo wings( parmigian garlic are my fovorite) I know it’s been asked before but it is lunch time and I’m hungry.

Porter goes with good fall food. Beef chili, braised beef (I have braised short ribs in porter, then glazed with maple syrup, and served it with porter. Fantastic).

I also like Pilsner with good Schnitzel.

In the dessert camp, an RIS goes with dessert… I tend to associate RIS, Port wine, and Grappa together, and they’re all served with sweet dessert. Creme brulee, brownies, whatever.

2 Likes

Yep. A good porter or stout with a gooey brownie, way too tasty. Vienna lager with any meal. Although I haven’t found a beer yet that I would pair with spaghetti that I would prefer over red wine. If you have a sweet, fruity dessert, a good tart gose can be a good pairing for me. Not an ipa fan but I can see why they would go well with wings. Beer just kinda pairs well with life, haha.

Cheers to a good topic, Cat,

Ron

2 Likes

Wife and I are planning on going to a local restaurant tonight that does a fabulous Oktoberfest menu. Very much looking forward to big ole pork shank with potatoes and sauerkraut to go with a nice Oktoberfest beer. :beers: Then I’ll have to stop at the six pack shop and decide which beer to put in my chili this weekend as I have nothing suitable in the fridge atm. I love fall! :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

I would have to cook it myself to have a meal like that. An Oktoberfest meal around here is overcooked, soggy, and factory loaded salt bomb with homogenized fat.

I really miss those training sessions in Milwaukee. Good food.

A brat dog cooked on the pitch fork over the fire pit in the back yard whilst one quaffs a good home brew! I’m going out to start a fire… oh yeah, wild rice brats tonight! Thanks Brew Cat! Sneezles61

1 Like

Me like my burgers with a cold ipa. Some mexican food. With a gijora spiced ale

I pair almost anything with the cooking. Usually have ice water while eating. NBs’ Petite Saison does go well with seafood and poultry.

1 Like

:disappointed: 6 brat dogs later and a kicked keg…. Going to bed… Sneezles61

1 Like

Hope you have alka seltzer

Heaven on a plate. :innocent: Meat literally fall off the bone perfect.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Went to a local pub here last night with the Mrs. and enjoyed their limited time Oktoberfest offerings. Wiener Schnitzel with Spaetzle and Sauerkraut washed down with Weihenstephaner Vitus, Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest, and later one of my own Oktoberfest/Festbiers while watching the Walking Dead season premiere!

Quick question…hyvee?

none up here… We have a bunch of small meat shops… Shall I say we are rich? Sneezles61

Definitely…our hyvee sells wild rice brats…never tried though.

Great post.

Ahhh, today, another brisket in the smoker… haven’t had a brew… yet! I have to pay attention for a while… I sure thought this would be a good post to bring back up! What are you doing? I shall sample my Mock-fest in a while… It’s been cask conditioning now, and it should go into the fridge for a little chilling… I was thinking to get it about 45… There is the sweet spot for casking… IMHO Sneezles61