Beach Beer

Like @voltron I brew plenty of lighter brews(Pilsners, Cream Ales, Prepros, Hefes come to mind) but I predominantly keg so…A growler on the beach would seem like a lot of trouble compared with cans, which are just about perfect for packing in and packing out.

Get a few aluminum water bottles and fill from the tap.

I brew several light lagers every year. Problem is I could never brew fast enough to keep up. That’s where BMC earns its money with most of us.

Haven’t drank that stuff in years. Now I’ll drink water instead. Place by me has a burger and beer night free Coors , Yuengling etc. My wife and I frequent the place so the waitress let’s me substitute any craft beer I want and since my wife doesn’t drink I’ll get a huge burger fries and 2 craft beers for $10. Nice deal.

2 Likes

Depending on what I did for the day, NEIPA or on the opposite end a kolsch,… if I have mine. Something from the Southern Tier Brewing or something Saranac Brewing Lager , Kolsch.

You must be from NY used to drink Lots of the Saranac pale ale. I’ll still grab a 12 pack of cans for fishing. Lately I’ve been grabbing switchback in cans out of Burlington. My camps a bit N of Saranac lake and a bit SW of the town of Saranac. Although Saranac brewing is in Utica about 3 hrs S

I don 't think it is to from anywhere. Enjoy Pale Ale. south of syracuse.

1 Like

Definitely Bitburger Pils 0.5 liter cans. They’re cheap, tasty and quench thirst.

I worked on the Walmart distribution center in Marcy NY in 92… I did enjoy the Saranac brews… And I didn’t go to the brewery in Utica… Sneezles61

I’ve not been but I hear they do great concerts there

All of the Saranac beers have the same taste to me. Can’t pin it down though. It’s almost like they brew the same beer then flavor it for different styles.

I have been to the brewery, Utica Club but it has been a long time. I’m not sure why it’s only about 45 min down the Thruway.

I’ve only get the pale ale. It’s cheap and tastes alright. Mostly I get it because it is regional and family owned. Alot of people that visit me at my camp just want a cold beer and it fits the bill. Im actually at camp now and grabbed a twelve of Sam simply because I have a batch of a Sam I’m brewing for a friend lagering now and want to compare. He gave me his keg stamped from Boston Brewing so when I put it in there it will make the difference. I’m not going to clean it just push it in

1 Like

I wonder if the yeast from the previous brew has a lower attenuation than the yeast you used? Perhaps rack into the SA keg and leave sit at room temp for a week?
OR, rack carb and drink… With wanting abandonment… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Sneezles61

I’m not worrying it’s going right in his kegerator. Ill only push over 4 gallons. I’ll hold same back so I can monitor it of course

1 Like

Cans of Montauk are fine beach beers around here. The beer is pretty good in itself. The can designs look like seltzer or soda… inconspicuous

I was in NC this past week at the beach, hit up the local growler shop and got a dopplebock and an IPA growler to share with the fam, also got a couple sixers of Wicked Weed that I hadn’t had before. Also nabbed a 12 pack of SNPA for the pool. There’s a local brewery that I wanted to check out but just didn’t have the time.

:beers:
Rad