BBQ shows

The wife and I have been watching through some BBQ shows on Netflix that we have thoroughly enjoyed. I always wind up hungry at the end of them. :yum:

The American Barbecue Showdown is a contest between 8 bbq chefs

Chef’s Table BBQ focuses on four different bbq chefs and their restaurants and history.

She did tease me that the more of these we watch, the less likely she is to cook BBQ because our expectations have been increased. :joy:

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

To be able to make some awesome bread, veggies from the garden along with a hunk of beautifully BBQ’d meat… Maybe some sauce too, and a schooner of homebrew… And be able to have family/friends at the table to share that with… is the pinnacle of these hobbies… That is the carrot dangling from a stick in front of this plow horse…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

The Australian dude on Chef’s table cooks EVERYTHING he serves over fire, including salad! :innocent:

Rad

I really liked the format of the Chef’s Table BBQ as it felt like real story telling of compelling characters. I don’t seek out cooking shows because they are fatiguing. This was not. I was mesmerized by the cooking everything with fire guy, Lennox Hastie of Firedoor. Rosalia Chay Chuc of Yaxunah, Mexico really stole the show for me. The day I saw her episode I went out and got all the ingredients to make Cochinita Pibil.

You marinate the pork in sour oranges and other incredible ingredients that I completely have been blind to in my grocery store. A whole world of new flavors for me.

BTW Netflix Taco Chronicles is also an incredible show. Everyone should learn to make tortillas from masa

1 Like

Checked out the taco show, was pretty cool. Now we’re hooked on another food show.

Somebody Feed Phil

Cracks us up and the food is amazing.

Rad

Yeah super fun to watch these. Shows. My wife she is colombian. So they had a show. Latino food. A episode. About. Colombian. Food. She almost started. Crying. About. The good food they created. Because. Most the products you can not get here

1 Like

I do like the. Food channel. As well

Ok, going back to this thread, Chef Show was a blast to watch. Not necessarily BBQ, but a ton of fun. I love Favreau to begin with and he cooks in this show with the chef who taught him how to cook for his movie Chef, which we also thoroughly enjoyed. Then, when we got done with that, I went back to the Chef’s Table series and have been working through that. Some of them are pretty pretentious (compared the the Chef’s Table BBQ this thread started on), but a couple have been truly fascinating.

Rad

I’ll have to check it out.

BBQ is an amazing world. I used to compete on the Kansas City BBQ Circuit in the NE.
Met a lot of great people and made super friends.
One of the TV shows had 3 teams compete with a 3 judge panel. Myron Mixon was one judge (has a bit of an attitude) and an other one was Tuffy Stone (owns a high end catering business in Richmond, Va). Tuffy is about as nice a man you will ever meet. A multiyear National Champion, and I believe a Jack Daniels invitational winner as well.
I was competing at an event when Tuffy came rolling in with his beautiful rig and everyone moaned. The competition just went up several notches.
Turns out his cook site was right next to me.
I finished 3rd on pork and after the awards were handed out I walked back with Tuffy. Even though he had a long drive from PA to VA he spent the next hour teaching me BBQ and going over my equipment. What a treat.
As it turns out, I’m smoking some ribs today. First cook of the season. Looks like an opportunity to sit next to the smoker with a Peroni and a cigar this afternoon.

2 Likes

When the weather lets up around here, you’ll see a few different pull behind cooking rigs about… Some you wouldn’t want follow for fear it’ll self destruct on the road… others… you just gotta see where they are going…
I’m very content with my cheap ol Weber grill… No one would know if I was bring it some where. :joy:
I can idle it down to 200*F… adding smoke flavor before cooking…that seems to be a nice temp for low and slow grilling… I’m drooling now…
Sneezles61