Anyone try the new Tilt Bluetooth hydrometer?

Now I’m looking… Yeast… another decision… Sneezles61
EDIT: I have a green one on its way! Thinking the green would help it blend with the dry hopping process and not scare the vegetal matter out of them! :smirk:

1 Like

I’ve got a black one on the way. I don’t need it to be super accurate (though that would be great), but to see that fermentation is done and to check temperature without having to open a single cover would be huge. No more oxidation hopefully! And no more lost volume for testing!

2 Likes

But the Purple and yellow ones got better reviews! and you call yourself a Viking fan! :joy:

3 Likes

Just avoid the yellow one, it leaves a grainy flavor.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It arrived! Along with some NW coast ale yeast… Oh boy I can’t wait to play!
I thought the same thing of the yellow tilt… I steered clear of it like it had the plague! :skull: Sneezles61

The green tilt provided an off flavor like a vegetative matter, so I stopped using it. I use my orange tilt on NEIPA to make them juicy.

1 Like

My black one just came, no charcoal flavors

However, I am a little worried that the hydrometer will bump up against the wall of my fermenter. When calibrating in a cup of water, it stuck to the side of the glass. If I put it in the center of the beer, hopefully it won’t move around too much during the fermentation process. Being restricted might hinder the hydrometer from tiltijg

It manages just fine. Only once so far did mine get stuck and it righted itself after a few minutes

Did look at nice gizmo. But i need four than. Mayby july. My birthday. Could ask my wife. For one. To expensive at the moment for me. Got lots of other things to buy

You could just start one at a time… From time to time, NB may have a special deal that’ll sweeten the pot! Sneezles61

1 Like

Its just nice to have one. Use my refractometer hydrometer. Thermometer.

I didn’t catch the first 4 days of the Hornindal Kveik fermentation but this is what my chart looked like once my Tilt arrived

I forgot to shut it off so the final part of the chart is in a glass of StarSan

1 Like

I was curious… So the graph shows every other day… Was it set that way or is a programmable decision… Not that I could figure how to do that… :confused: Sneezles61

the chart scales to my phone screen. So a chart that goes for a longer time will be a different but it still charts all data points

Day 1 in a fresh batch… Its been a little strange so far. The reading on my phone keeps jumping back and forth from 1.067 to 1.117 every 20 seconds or so. the second number is clearly wrong, so I hope it settles down

How crazy a fermentation is it?

This was immediately after brewing, I hadn’t even poured in the yeast yet.

I think mine has gotten stuck in the krausen. Its only been 48 hours and my gravity has been the same for the last 20 or so. I had krausen come out of the airlock, so I know there’s a decent amount of foaming going on.

Started at 1.067 (with a 1.179 thrown in there every 4 readings or so), been consistent at 65-69 degrees.

Been “stuck” at 1.038 for most of today. Either a stuck fermentation or the hydrometer is stuck itself.

Edit: just looked at the bucket, still airlock activity (about 1-2 bubbles every 2-3 seconds) so I think the hydrometer is physically stuck in krausen or up against a wall. Once airlock activity dies down I will give the bucket a gentle shake to see what I dislodge… Unless it rights itself once the krausen drops

1 Like

Messing with my green tilt… I can’t seem to get rid of the " uncalibrated" in the gravity and temp… I used 60* water and my thermapen… I went into the tools area and entered some stuff… still remains “uncalibrated” … Of course, technology stuff beats me up… :roll_eyes: I don’t even want to venture into the cloud stuff… Maybe someone can talk me out of this area? Sneezles61