Anyone making a cream ale

Im drinking one i made know. Its a revisit of a style i haven’t brewed in awhile. I don’t have notes on it but i know it was before i treated water and adjusted for PH. What do you all do?

Another statistical style of beer analysis

Cream Ale Blended yeast from White Labs sounds interesting.

I used pilsner and 2-row and 2lbs flaked maize. Acidulated malt to adjust Ph. Straight cluster. The blended yeast I’m not sure. You might as well use straight lager yeast and i have and called it a Brooklyn lager

Here’s mine…pretty straightforward…and tasty!

( On the site there’s another recipe by someone else with the same name for the cream ale, mine was posted a year earlier. Plagiarism most foul!):joy:
Actually just goes to show, as in music, very difficult to write a song, or a tune that someone hasn’t already pretty much came up with if you look hard enough.

2 Likes

Nice recipe, I see you use a bit more flakes and corn sugar than mine. Is it super dry. The ABV is the same as mine though. I must get better efficiency. I noticed you use lager yeast so technically its not an ale

I’ve made this a few times…down in the comments I mention using Denny’s Favorite 50 also(on the cool side of its range 60*-62*). Wyeast 1450 is a pretty versatile ale yeast.
That’s the nice thing about cream ales, the rules are sketchy. They evolved as ale Brewers here in the US responding to market pressures from the rise in popularity of lagers from the German immigrant Brewers.

I don’t recall it tasting overly dry, just a refreshing Summer ale.

1 Like

I left a comment on the recipe page

1 Like

Fun short article on cream ale origins.

2 Likes

In music, there are only 11 notes, that doesn’t count for the octave, to work with, well any any combination that 11… as long as it rub the ears the wrong way… And then, only 11 keys to choose from… never mind what mode(degree of the scale)…
Just like the alphabet… only 26 letters to choose from… I can see why the culprit couldn’t find a different combo! :joy:
Sneezles61

1 Like

Im doing my patriotic duty and chugging a couple in this heat

1 Like

I dunno there are a few different musical scales outside “western” music. Harry Partch’s Genesis Scale had 43 notes

Perhaps not a good analogy…
There are micro tones… I’m aware of that… the vibrations of each note can still ring in tune…
Then you could just add 1 gram of a malt to create a different brew…
The point of it… A fretted instrument/piano can not create those micro tones…
And I can’t tell if theres an extra gram of a specific malt in my brew…
My fretless bass can play a whisker lower or higher…
In a normal context… you won’t taste the extra gram I threw into my brew… :joy:
Like horse shoes and hand grenades… its close enough… ( I do not condone violence, here or there) I hope no musical pitch or grain was harmed in this conversation
Sneezles61

I should ask, what instrument do you play for enjoyment?
Sneezles61

I used to play the trumpet and tuba. Not exactly apartment friendly instruments.

2 Likes

Hey you kids get off my lawn :rofl:

1 Like

Ol’ poopy paws… :flushed:
Sneezles61