Anybody ever do kombucha?

I thought this link might be some interesting probiotic news for y’all

Hard to read… all smudged out like that… :grin:
Sneezles61

I’ve tried Kombucha many times. It has a tart taste, but it is very beneficial. Kombucha is beneficial for many purposes. It keeps you awake, good for detoxification, and helps in losing some weight.

1 Like

Looks like my orange juice is fermenting in the fridge… MIMOSA!!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Did a secondary fermentation of my kombucha over hibiscus, ginger and tart cherry juice. Ended up with a really wonderful complex slightly sour with beautiful color.

3 Likes

I tried a number of Michigan Kombuchas at the Traverse City Farmers Market(which had been moved from its usual lakeshore location to a parking garage because of the Cherry Festival) and they were quite good, especially refreshing after I had run 8 miles of hills that morning!

1 Like

You are such an over achiever… Think of the brews you miss out on… running at 4 in the AM… :joy:
Sneezles61

1 Like

If going to secondary on Rose for my next batch of booch

1 Like

Just about ready to transfer my first batch of Kombucha to a small keg from the fermenter. Figured I’d use some mango puree as priming sugar.

My purchased scoby stayed on the bottom the entire time and I now have a very light thin scoby floating on the surface. I figured I’d just siphon off all but a couple cups of the finished kompucha and leave both in there for the next batch. Does that seem kosher? Should I remove the original now or at some point when the new one has developed more?