Any good British ales

I have a sack of MO so going to do a run of British ales. I’ll do my ESB and also a Bass clone and a Burton Old Ale. I’ll also do a porter. Probably have enough grains for one more. Any input

A British IPA? Make Your Best English IPA | Craft Beer & Brewing

2 Likes

Ah. Good call I do like harpoon IPA which is an old school British IPA I believe. I have the ingredients. I can repitch my London Ale III to it

1 Like

I’ve been using MO in all of my beers and it’s the best improvement my brewing has seen since I started! Love it. I would like to get some ESB recipes as well.

Well I have the Burton the ESB and a English IPA on tap. The Burton my least favorite I probably used to much sulfate the bitterness is to harsh I feel. The ESB is very drinkable has a sweetness to it. The IPA is drier but not as dry as an American IPA. It’s more pale ale ish but I guess that’s probably where it should be kinda like Harpoon

So what’s the recipe for the english ipa?

Awesome. Thanks

Same here. Love to use mo.

Bump!
Enjoying an English IPA that I brewed last month kegged on August 6. Used UK hops consisting of challenger and East Kent Goldings. Initially I wasn’t sure if I like the hop combo(do I like challenger?) but it’s rounding out nicely. I did a 4 ounce keg DryHop of 2 ounces of each and the initial taste a week or so ago was quite bitter and a little disconcerting. Now it’s like the rough edges are coming off, and all is good.

2 Likes