Ancient Egyptian Brewery Discovered

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/egypt-archaeologists-discover-5000-year-old-beer-factory-in-abydos/ar-BB1dGrwE?ocid=ASUSDHP17&li=BBnb7Kz

Thats a 200 barrel system. I knew the pyramid workers were given beer. Some say as payment which is not accurate. They were slave labor. More like given beer for nourishment. Wouldn’t need to stop to eat

1 Like

Interesting… It was the largest brewery in that city… So who had the biggest brewery back then?
Sneezles61

1 Like

I bet those were some estery phenolic ales.

1 Like

Maybe thats where Kviek was started…? :confused: Before someone took it up north?
Sneezles61

1 Like

You must have watched the Sam Calagione video when they made an ancient recipe they deduced from hieroglyphics on pyramid wall ? They tossed whole loves of bread in the boil

1 Like

I imagine Kviek hybridizing from some exotic import in Bergen which was an important trading port in the Hanseatic League.

1 Like

Way above my understanding…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Bergen in Norway was one of the most important ports in one of the earliest, if not the first, international trade alliances. Starting in roughly the year 1100, the alliance of trade and defense lasted over 300 years in the Baltic region. As a result of it’s power and reach all brewing ingredients in what is now Northern Europe were under the Hanseatic League’s control.

2 Likes

Do think. The aliens. Took the yeast. With them. Ones they where done building. The pyramids. On way back. To mars. They did stop in Norway. They. Had a party with. The vikings. And got wasted. They left. And forgot. To. Take kveik with them. Thats the reason. Kviek. Ended up in norway

5 Likes

Makes total sense

3 Likes