All you heady topper fans

Sis it still hard to get? I thought it ran its course.

it is still on a meteoric rise of hoarding, beermuling, and hard-to-getitude

We went to VT on a beercation and it was sold out by Saturday AM (ships Friday). Now I’m told its hard to even get cans on Fridays.

There are some solid similar beers though that have cropped up. Sip of Sunshine (some say better than Heady, and I believe available in weird/random places in CT) is a little more available, as is Singlecut’s Billy Fullstack.

Thats a great haul though, enjoy each one (as if you need my encouragement…) and make sure to give at least one away!

I had some Sip on tap at my corner pub the other night. Wanted to see if it was better than cans. I’m still not a huge fan. Its brewed at two roads which is why its available all over CT

@pietro IMHO sip of sunshine is better.

1 Like

It was funny, my rep emailed me and said, “Boy this must be some really good beer! There’s a line at this distributor and I spoke to a few people who have been here for 2 hours already! I’ll see what I can do.” I had showed him the Heady Spotter app and thankfully, he was able to snag me one. The funny thing is as this is the first time any of my beer nerd friends (as my wife describes them :blush: ) have had a chance to try it, I’m going to be sharing quite a bit of the case to let them all have a chance to try it. Makes a nice Christmas gift for the appreciative beer drinker. Beer this good simply shoudn’t be hoarded! :smile:

:beers:
Rad

Love HT.

A recent haul from a VT trip. Also have Lawson’s SoS not pictured.

Nice pic! Have you had HT or SOS? IMHO SOS is better…

I noticed you have road to ruin in there which is a great IIPA but it is not a Vermont beer. Two roads is in CT. Lawson’s SOS is a Vermont beer but it is brewed in CT by two roads. It gets confusing.

I’d love to try Heady… Anyone interested in an exchange from Milwaukee?

@brew_cat
Correct, 2 Rds is a CT beer. I also have beer from Oregon in there. Was just grabbing stuff I can’t find here in NY.

@loopie - SOS is awesome as well.

I hope this is an optical illusion and you didn’t miss going to Hill Farmstead. Like The Force Awakens, worthy of the hype.

SoS is a phenomenal beer. That and some of the other VT beers (Foley) come close, but there is no substitute for Heady IMO. Thought Fiddlehead was extremely overrated.

Dying to try Pro Pig’s beer. That is a magical place.

Had HF on tap at every bar I was at, so skipped making the drive out there. Great beers tho!

So I’m dying to get back to Waterbury/Stowe area because when we went about 2 years ago, HF’s tasting room left something to be desired (and, as you say, its about 45 minutes up into the hills from Waterbury). We waited 1 hour in line at 2pm on a Friday in March (not during ski season). Not that I was looking for a warm fire and pate with my beers (which were world class, and we had during our wait in line), but was a pretty inefficient setup. Though I did buy as much beer as they allowed me to buy.

Have a friend that gets up there more often, he said with the new tasting room and brewing system, there was zero wait on a Saturday.

I see you have a hermit thrush in there. What did you think of their beers? I’ve had the Silly Friar and the Supah funk.

Actually haven’t tried it yet.

Autocorrect keeps changing it to “hippest”. I think it woul be hoppiest though.