Adjusting the hops in NB White House Porter Recipe

Thats what i hate about “collectables” some people think you only collect things that have value. I guess i can clean out my stuff now. No I’ll keep them for sentimental value

1 Like

My 6-er is up on a shelf in my tap room… Theres that “tap” word… Anyone who drinks here can see it
Sneezles61

1 Like

Didn’t really get the Billy beer as a collectable. Just to try it. Wasn’t great so the cans kind of followed me from place to place until I got sick of moving them and thought I would see if they were worth anything before tossing them.

I would think any serious collection would have to have a Billy Beer can. Maybe to many on the market. Some great can art on cans of crappy beer as well

1 Like

Getting back on topic, Billix123 are you sure it’s hop bitterness? The recipe doesn’t have a whole lot of hops and shouldn’t produce a beer that’s overly bitter, so could it just be the bitterness of the roasted malt that you’re tasting? Just something to think about. Not trying to offend, but I don’t know how knowledgeable you are.

3 Likes

Good point

shouldn’t really matter with extract since it’s already been mashed and all you’re doing is boiling it.

If it didn’t have the billy label it would’ve been in those white cans stamped BEER. hahaha

Yes, perhaps… pH was set up in the making of extract… so adding water at the very most would change to pH towards a higher reading, if much at all… Even RO is neutral, or very close… 7.0 pH…
Sneezles61

Yep. But OP never told us if it was extract or all grain.

1 Like

good point. I jumped to that conclusion when I saw “kit” in the OP.

It was extract I’m still a noob and haven’t pulled the trigger on all grain yet.

1 Like

If you want to brew all grain just do it. There seems yo be a notion that you have to learn extract and move on to all grain. Thats totally bolagna. I never did extract and i never brewed a kit. Actually you can brew an extract kit in your kitchen without buying a single piece of equipment so there is that benefit

1 Like

He can adjust the hop schedule. Not sure either. If oxidation. Efects the bitterness. I did brew the white house honey ale. One time. Nice taste. But no honey flavour. Curius indeed if he still brews. We can ask him on his Instagram

Hey, Wilco, invite him over here… well, he may have some brewing question we could help him with! :grin:
I’ve not ever communicated with any one that fancy… Unless one of you are in disguise…
Sneezles61

Yep, I’m on my 7th 5 gal batch. Been brewing fo almost a year… still a noob. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you related to @WMNoob

3 Likes

No, just a newbie ( noob)

^^^^^ :joy: ^^^^^
Sneezles61

2 Likes

@Bilixi123 let us know when you move into All Grain so we can discuss cooler options and affects of color on the mash tun.

4 Likes