Adding Finishing Hops

I have a DME recipe I’m getting ready to run. It (recipe) calls for a bittering hops in the beginning that is dumped right in the wort for 45 mins and a finishing hops at 15 mins. during the boil. My question is I received a hop bag and was wondering should I bag the finishing hops? I asked the folks who created the recipe and they said it didn’t matter. Any recommendations welcome. Just FYI the hops are pellet.

Personally I just dump 'em in. I don’t use bags until I transfer to keg.

1 Like

On the other hand I bag mine. Keeps most of them out of the fermenter.

I’m a dumper inner too. Lots of discussions out there and on this forum on the effect of trub in the fermenter. It’s really a matter of personal preference. It can be an issue if you plan on using a plate chiller. Start thinking long term and hone your process. Happy brewing!

1 Like

Personally I dump em into kettle for boil, I do bag for dry hops however.

:beers:
Rad

I have always bagged my dry hops but I’m going to stop doing that. The reason I did it was for yeast harvest purposes. I’m planning on not harvesting from IPAs anymore anyway. Of course any hops tossed in the keg will get bagged

Dumper here but I use a strainer to catch the hop mush before it gets to the fermentor.