$80 grain mill, any buyers?

OK, first off I sold a few of these mills before and buyers were happy with them. I got busy with other things and stopped making them.
I have some new ideas and plans for the mills now and I need to know how well they will work in real use! I have no need for that much grain to be running enough for testing everything myself alone!
I’ll make this offer now, send me $10 deposit to order yours and I’ll build it for you, when ready to ship pay the balance! USA only and shipping will be $18 or less, best shipping option used! Shipping option depends on several things and may be much less but at least a Flat Rate USPS box for $18 should cover anywhere in USA! If shipping is more than $18 I’ll eat the cost, if less than $18 you save!

So what about the mill itself you ask???
Well this is a complicated question!
I have 4 designs I want tested now so what you get may vary for this deal.
Basically it will be a 2 roller design with knurled rollers, they may or may not be heat treated, they may be 1.5" or 2" rollers. All will have food grade oil impregnated bronze/brass bearings. The roller shaft shall be built to use a power drill if wanted or a crank handle. Crank handle will be cast aluminum ( I’ll be casting these myself).

Each unit will be sent with a unique code number that I can identify exactly what was shipped and how built. Any issues if a unit should not work well will be corrected FREE! At $80 and shipping my most basic unit would sell for about $150 and tax in my nearest homebrew store! I just looked while on vacation last week being curious and honestly I felt $150 was a bit too much for that unit! My mills would likely compare to those sold more for around $198 online!

Though most units being sold for just $80 and shipping will be 2 roller, some lucky folks may get a 3 roller!

Some mils may be set to one spacing only, others may have eccentrics so you can adjust to different widths for your grains. The $150 unit I looked at brew store was a pre-set spacing only!

So you ask WHY am I making such a crazy offer and WHY should you buy now??
Well fact is I have a NEW son in-law and when daughter and he was here visiting he showed a good interest in my tooling sitting idle unused!
I can build all the mills I want myself till about Feb 2016 but then I get busy traveling USA on my Motorcycles till Oct. ! If enough interest is shown in these mills, and enough great feedback from buyers, I will GIVE my son in law a lathe and train him to make my rollers for Christmas!
That is why I offer a really low cost offer! I will still make most of the other needed parts, but I can set up son-in-;aw and daughter to make many parts for me!s

Why should you take a chance and buy a mill from me??
Because this is probably your only chance to get a great mill at such a low cost! With a guarantee also!
I want to know what works best and what is really needed by most folks and I stand behind my work!
So do you REALLY need heat treated rollers or not? Unless you know how to test metals you will not know what was sent to you, BUT I WILL, so if no-one complains rollers wear out I know heat treating is not needed, if anyone complains rollers did wear out NEW rollers will be sent FREE! I will pay return shipping for any defective parts so no free ride! If claimed rollers wore out I pay shipping to send me back the old rollers so I can inspect them and send you new ones. So no reason to just ask for new rollers if old ones are working great still!

Some units will be adjustable gap so you can set for your preference for your grains, some will not be! For many people it seems one size fits all, but for some it does not! If you REALLY want adjustable gap for a real reason then say so and I’ll try to ship you an experimental adjustable gap unit. Give some details if you can why you need it and what gaps are most important to you so I can send what you need!

I am located in SE MO. or North AR. somewhere around Westplains, MO down to Evening Shade, AR. as I have several homes in this general area!
Anyone close by can give me a yell for a visit or meet up, close by is up to 200 miles as I think nothing of making a 500 mile ride for the day! LOL
I am always looking for a reason to get out on the bikes for a day if home!

PM me if you have an interest for more details and payment options.

If I hadn’t just bought a mill I’d seriously consider it. Good luck with it. I’m riding my scooter to Nashville to see my son in the spring. We’ll likely go to Memphis for a day or 2. Evening Shade is only a couple hours west of there right?

I’m interested. I PM’d you as well but not sure if you got it. Does this mill include a hopper or just the metal works? Thank you.

Things seem buggy here right now, my PM’s do not seem to be sent and posts not posted?

Again, if it posts this time, mill only, I can do more if wanted though.

I tried to PM back, did not seem to be sent? I posted also and post was lost! Last post worked it seems?

$80 and shipping was for the mill only, metal works parts, and I think most people could build a hopper of several types cheaper than I could build and ship it too.

I could add extra’s if needed or wanted like hopper and base mounting board, but honestly I think that could be done by most people with plain home type tools cheap and easy to save costs!

Most mills I seen out there are priced mill only for allot $$$, then allot more for a hopper and mounting board etc…!

I can make about anything if wanted, though I would rather work on the more detailed metal parts!

I tried to PM back, did not seem to be sent? I posted also and post was lost! Last post worked it seems?

$80 and shipping was for the mill only, metal works parts, and I think most people could build a hopper of several types cheaper than I could build and ship it too.

I could add extra’s if needed or wanted like hopper and base mounting board, but honestly I think that could be done by most people with plain home type tools cheap and easy to save costs!

Most mills I seen out there are priced mill only for allot $$$, then allot more for a hopper and mounting board etc…!

I can make about anything if wanted, though I would rather work on the more detailed metal parts![/quote]

No, I never got a PM reply. I can build a hopper easy enough. Here’s by personal email address if you want to try to contact me: Thank you.

What the dimensions of the mill and the hole pattern for mounting? I’m wondering if I could use the hopper and baseboard from my Barley Crusher.

I can make about anything if wanted, though I would rather work on the more detailed metal parts![/quote]

No, I never got a PM reply. I can build a hopper easy enough. Here’s by personal email address if you want to try to contact me: xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com. Thank you.[/quote]

Do to spammers and scams you may want to remove the e-mail from public posting fast or at least change it to something like “xxxxx at ??? dot com” so spambots do not grab it so easy!

Sent an e-mail.

If you can tell me what you need I can change a few things to make it fit probably.

Rollers will be 6" with 1/2" for the bearings/bushings in side plates making the unit really 7" wide, side plates are 1/2" thick each.
I think of anything solid brass or bronze as a bushing myself, but they are sold and called Bearings by everyone and is what is normally used by everyone also calling them bearings in these mills!

Depending on the size of the rollers side plates will be about 2"-3" tall and 4"-5" long, 1/2" thick. The total side length will be 7" and same height as end plates of course.

Holes could be drilled/tapped about anywhere needed on end plates if you let me know what is needed. I was planning about 1" in from each end and 1 in center both top and bottom. The 7" side plates will be great for the mill or mounting hopper, but to thin for tapping, so a user with a drill could put holes anywhere easy and use bolts with nylon nuts to mount anything as needed. I recommend self locking nylon nuts because you do not ever want a bolt or nut to work loose and fall into rollers! They are easy to remove if needed or tighten if needed.

New forum, Yuck for first impression here LOL

I’ve gotten a bit busy making these mills of mine for a couple almost local HB shops that want to sell them so not been on much for awhile.
I’ll be busy making the mills for the store orders till near end of DEC. sometime so won’t be able to make them to special order for folks again till near JAN. or so if folks want them.
Sorry, but at $100 a mill wholesale I could not pass up orders for 5 dozen of them!

I only planned to do a few to keep myself busy as a hobby, Sell cheap to folks to give a good deal and make a couple $ during weather I would not be out riding much anyway and stuck at home more.

I kinda made the mistake of giving one as a gift to a friend I ride motorcycles with at times. I knew he did some brewing, I did NOT know he owned a small brew pub about 150 miles away and sold homebrew supplies also! He ordered some mills for his store and showed the mills to others in his “group” of brewers/pubs/stores he runs around with and they also wanted to buy for their stores!
SO my hobby to just have something to do just turned into a business for now!

Can’t figure out how to send a PM. I want one if the offer still stands.

If you click on the person’s display name their profile will open up and you can just click “Message” write your message and send.

thanks

Is this offer still good? Just ran across it today, and I’m definitely interested. Living in Springfield, MO

I’m starting to wonder if the offer is still good, I sent a PM awhile back and got no response… hope he comes by the site and checks soon, lol.