2012 Gardens

Harvested the remainder of my sweet potatoes tonight and found a few of these monsters. Only thing left in the garden is my turnips and they should be able to weather the cold for a bit so I plan on leaving them for a couple more weeks.
[attachment=0]2012-10-26_16-37-40_686-re.jpg[/attachment]

BB, I don’t know what you have in your soil man, but I want some! That is awesome!

Thanks.
My soil has a lot of hard work and lots of monitoring in the off season. That way all I have to do during garden season is harvest. Not sure if that counts as lazy or well planned. :wink:

I’d say well planned. we’ve been working our plots (raised beds) because they’ve been used for 20+ years with little tending to. we should have a large amount of compost by growing season though.

I hear you! We have been working on our soil since we moved in here… We are rabid, urban composters. But those are awesome! Your results are inspiring!

I thought my sweet potatoes were pretty good sized until I found out a guy near me grew a 10lber this year. My largest one only weighs 3.2lbs :frowning: